About the MRC
These rules were ratified at the AGM in January 2018.
- The Club shall be called ' The Middlesex Road Club' and the object
of the Club shall be to promote the sport and pastime of cycling.
- The colours shall be green, gold and black. Lettering should be
green, gold, black or white.
- No member may use the Club's name for the purpose of advertising.
- Membership of the Club shall be open to both sexes.
- The annual subscription shall be decided at the Annual General Meeting.
Associate or Second Claim membership shall be available at the discretion of the
committee. The annual subscription does not include affiliation to British Cycling
or Cycling UK. Subscriptions shall be payable on 1st January each year.
- All members of the Club must be affiliated to British Cycling, Cycling
UK or have equivalent third party insurance.
- Any member whose subscription remains unpaid after 31st March shall
be deemed to have left the Club.
- Any individual that wishes to become a member of the Club must be
proposed and seconded by two members of the Club, and considered at the next Committee
Meeting. Should the new member join between October and December their subscription
would last until 31st December the following year.
- The Club officials shall be the President, Chairman, Vice Chairman,
Secretary, Treasurer, Webmaster, Social Secretary, Evening Events Secretary, Clothing
Secretary, Club Runs Secretary, Magazine Editor, Time Keepers and Handicapper.
Any other official found necessary shall be elected by the Committee.
- All Committee Members to be elected annually. It shall be possible
to nominate candidates for all positions prior to the Annual General Meeting.
All such nominations to be proposed and seconded and noted on the agenda.
- Any Club Official wishing to stand down, must give three months
notice to the Secretary before the AGM.
- The Committee shall meet quarterly in April, July, October and in
January prior to the AGM.
- The Committee shall have the power to appoint sub-committees for
- The Club's Treasurer shall present the accounts for bills of larger
than £250.00 to the Committee for sanction before payment.
- The Club's financial year shall begin on 1st January and end on
31st December, after which date the Treasurer shall prepare a balance sheet which
shall be audited by an honorary auditor appointed by the Annual General Meeting.
- The Annual General Meeting shall be held in January to receive reports
and balance sheets, elect officers and auditor for the year and transact general
business. At least fourteen days notice must be given to each Member with a copy
of the agenda.
- No rule may be made or altered except by a majority of two thirds
of members present at a General Meeting. Such amendments or inclusions should
have appeared on a circulated agenda and passed to members present.
- The General Meeting may discuss any matter not on the agenda subject
to a resolution supported by a straight majority of members present, the vote
to be taken by the Chairman before discussion.
- A Special General Meeting may be called by the Executive Committee
or Secretary upon receipt of a request by five members of the Club, subject to
seven day's notice, with a copy of the agenda. A copy shall be sent to all members.
- Any member of the Club acting in a manner detrimental to the interest
of the Club may be suspended by the Committee. Such members shall have the right
to appeal before a Special General Meeting, which must be called by the Secretary
within twenty one days of such notice of appeal being given. No other business
shall be discussed at such a Special General Meeting.
- Any member being suspended shall, upon receiving notice, deliver
up to the person appointed all monies, goods or effects of the Club.
- Members desiring to resign from the Club shall do so by 1st January,
otherwise such members shall be due for next year's subscription. Any person ceasing
to be a member of the Club shall forfeit all rights to Club property or monies,
and must surrender such, within 28 days.
- Any matter not provided for within these rules may be dealt with
by the committee, whose decision shall be reported to the Annual General Meeting.
- The Club may only be wound up by a unanimous vote at the Annual
General Meeting, the winding up motion having duly appeared on the agenda paper
circulated to all full Members prior to the Meeting.When the Club is wound up,
all the assets shall be divided equally among the remaining full Members.
Racing Rules & Trophies
These rules were ratified at the AGM in January 2018.
- All Club events shall be run in accordance with Cycling Time Trials
- The Committee may ban any member from entering any cycling competition
in the name of the 'Middlesex Road Club'
- Entries will only be accepted from members who have been elected
and paid fees in accordance with the Club Rules.
- Entry fees for open events shall be decided by the Committee. Entry
fees for evening events shall be decided at the Annual General Meeting.
- Prizes for open events shall be decided by the Committee.
- The Club's road championship shall be decided on the following fastest
Men 2 x 10, 1 x 25 and 1 x 50 miles.
Women 2 x 10 and 1 x 25 miles.
Juniors 2 x 10 miles.
The times eligible for these championships may be recorded in any open or club
event, the competitor entering in the name of the Middlesex Road Club.
- A member attaining the age of 18 years ceases to be a junior member
and all subsequent rides shall not be deemed eligible for the Junior Championship.
- The Club's perpetual 10 mile, 25 mile, 50 mile and 100 mile trophies
shall be awarded for the fastest ride in any competitive event.
- There will be awards for Club Championships at 10 mile, 25 mile,
50 mile and Hill Climb at events specified by the Committee.
- Claims for new Club Records shall be made together with proof to
the Committee by the end of the racing season in which the record was made. An
award will only be made once the same rider should he or she break the record
more than once in the same season.
- The TONY JOYCE MEMORIAL TROPHY will be awarded for the best three
rides in any road racing event organised under British Cycling rules. The Committee
will have full powers in making the award.
- The MICHAEL CRANE CUP will be awarded to the member who, having
joined the Club for the first time in the current year, shows the best performance
in competitive events. The Committee will have full powers in making this award.
- The PINKHAM POT will be awarded each year to the winner of the "Old
Crocks Race". The event, the last Combine 25 mile event of the season, shall be
confined to members who have not raced in the current season and the result will
be decided on a handicap basis.
- The EVENING 10 CUP will be awarded each year to a member on a points
basis. The member who has the highest placed position in each event would get
3 points, the second 2 points and the third 1. The rider with the highest number
at the end of the season shall be the winner.
- The GEOFF WARLOW MEMORIAL TROPHY will be open to all riders who
rode in the evening 10's to be eligible for this award. The rider who comes first
in each event would get 5 points, down to the fifth rider who would get 1. The
rider with the highest number of points shall be the winner.
- The FOUNDER MEMBERS CUP is awarded annually to any member in any
sphere who surpasses his or her call of duty. The award is chosen by the previous
year's winner and with President or The Club's Secretary on an alternative year